[jawsscripts] Re: Jaws 10.0 slow to load configurations

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:16:27 -0400

Hi Don:
Thanks for suggesting that.  I hadn't thought of disabling those
options.  It does speed things up somewhat, but unfortunately it does
not solve the problem I was having with the message box that comes up
after entering the login password.

As I said earlier, I am trying to trigger processing from the
WindowCreatedEvent.  I test for the owner of the window, and then test
for the visibility of the window and then process only the visible
window.  My problem is that I cannot find a way to reliably speak the
window.  I find that if I place a SayString in the windowCreatedEvent
once I detect the correct owner, that Jaws has a greater chance of
processing and correctly speaking the message box.  The other thing that
mystifies me is that my processing always works when I select the logoff
option from the shutdown dialogue, but is very much less reliable when
performing a restart or when turning on the computer.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx> 12:38 pm Saturday, July
18, 2009 >>>
I think it is due to all the network "server" services JAWS 10 starts
up by
default.  Try going to the Advanced button in the Basic JAWS options
dialog
and uncheck all services you are not using.  This will speed things up

considerably, but it is still too slow for me.

Don Marang