[jawsscripts] Re: JAWS Sorting Library

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:12:47 -0400

JAWS 12 adds some collection-related functions that are not in JAWS
11, though I don't off the top of my head remember which ones. For
this reason and to avoid confusion as to which JAWS 11 versions work
with collections, I tend to favor requiring JAWS 12.0 for those.

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 10:25:51AM -0300, Andrew Hart wrote:
Geoff,

Ah yes.  You're right.  According to FS documentation on the subject,
Arrays, Collections, the New operator, and the new loop structures like
For and ForEach are only available as of JAWS 11 Update 1.  The FSDN
seems only to mention Version 11 availability without beingmore precise
than that.

However, this should not be a major issue to users as anyone who is
running JAWS 11, is licenced for 11 Update 1.  So unless Update 1 broke
something major that got fixed in 12, I don't know of any technical
reason not to be running it.

Cheers,
Andrew.
\
On 6/04/2012 8:07 AM, Geoff Chapman wrote:
> Wasn't there also some issue with stuff not being fully available on the
> first releases of jaws11? i.e. wasn't some stuff only properly live/debugged
> on jaws11 build 1430, and later? or something?
>
> If so, just thought wise to know, as then you could do
> headsup on which build of jaws11 the stuff will work with.

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller