[jawsscripts] Re: JAWS Script Detecting for windows XP

  • From: "Jim Bauer" <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <scripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:30:46 -0500

XP boots using the 3 files "ntldr", "ntdetect.com", and "boot.ini", all found in
the root of the OS install drive (c:, d:, etc). These won't be present on a 7
machine unless specifically created by the user.
You could loop through these file names, checking each one for existence using
the JAWS FileExists() built-in. Something like:
Let osRoot = stringLeft(stringContains(getWindowsSystemDirectory(), ":\\")+1)
If !fileExists(osRoot+"<Specific_file_here>") then
        Return
endIf
endWhile

As I said, you can subvert this, but I think any additional validity checks
would be overkill here.