[jawsscripts] Re: Identifying links and executing them

  • From: Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:57:06 +0530

 I would add one more thing to this, however this may or may not be true for
other apps, that all links in skype are blue on white, as I have seen, doug
may be of more help on this,  but underlined for sure, so you also can check
if it is the case, and if it is not, then placing mouse or jaws cursor can
cause this,  so check and do if it helps.
Thank you, Jitendra,
Skype: Jeet.delhi.
Bryan Garaventa wrote: If pressing enter doesn't work, you could also try
thefollowing... Write a script for the Enter key, and write an If statement
to verify whether you are within the history window. If no, then pass the
keythrough as normal. If yes, then route the jaws cursor to the pc cursor,
re-activate the pc cursor, then left mouse click. If the item is clickable,
that should do the trick. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Randall"
<seanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>[1] To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2] Sent:
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:27 PM Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Identifying
linksand executing them Kevin, If the history window is navigable with the
cursor enter on a link (or within it at least) oftentimes does what you
want.I would caution against finding "the start of the text" with http or
similar - firstly because links don't always appear start of line or chunk,
and secondly because there are numerous protocols and variants on those
protocols that people are still popping out complex regular expressions to
cover them all. Leave the link detection to the application and try hitting
colour and style, or any MSAA or similar attributes indicative of a
clickableelement. Sean. -----Original Message----- From:
jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3]