[jawsscripts] Re: Hullo there etc.

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:31:23 -0700

hi again Jacob,

good to see you again, broken any records lately? smile.

I don't have any "great wisdoms" to share nor an answer to the questions you
asked, but I do have a page with information for jaws scripter and some
links to materials and folks who can assist you on my grab bag site, (URL
under my name as usual).

as to the random number generator, I have a couple dice rollers, one simple
one I made myself for single dice rolls, but would be interested in what you
created since my best unit probably won't continue to work when I finally
upgrade to windows 7.

but... if it works in vista, it will in win 7 so am looking for new rollers
(I'm a role playing game player myself, D and D, GURPS, Palladium, White
Wolf, Shadowrun 4th edition, starwars first edition from west end games
(bought out by wizards of the coast blast it!),and a couple others)

what I need is one like my original, which you can type in 2d6 and roll
those and get either a separate dice roll read out, or that plus a total, or
two differing dice such as 2d6 1d12 and get the results of those either way.

it can also let you build your own dice, and/or configure the dice rolled
under a name such as "character name swordHit") or "character name
bowDamage" and when you type it in and enter it will roll the correct amount
of dice for that weapon, and add in any bonuses such as a +10 to hit, and
give you the answer in the readout list box.

the one I have that is like this, which I used in dice games like dragon
dice also, (bought the dice, built my armies, then setup the roller with the
assorted groups and what the dice rolled (oops', forgot to mention that as a
part of the custom dice building layout, it would allow you to enter text as
the result instead of a number for the side of a die),

anyway, would you let me know what you put together? as stated I am quite
interested,

inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com