[jawsscripts] Re: Hullo there etc.

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:37:01 +1000

Hi Jacob,

The Jaws scripting language is not intended to be able to create
applications, although some simple ones are possible, so you will find that
many functions and data types that are common in other languages are not
present.

For example, there would be no use for a random number generator in a
language designed to give us access to information on the screen, so no such
function is included.

For a list of all Jaws scripts & functions in a help file, download the FSDN
from:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/documentation/screen-readers.asp

In the contents view, the scripts & functions are arranged in logically
similar groups, or books.

You may also wish to join the blind programming list:
where some people have developed scripts to assist in using various
development environments.

Regards, Paul from Aust