[jawsscripts] Re: How to assign a phrase to key combinations?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:51:14 -0700

Saybro:

Well u didn't give a lot of info, e.g., what app u were using this in,
etc. So, I'm kind of stabbing at the dark here.

You'll likely want to delete the keystroke u attached to the frame. U
can do that from keyboard manager.

From whatever application u use to read the frame, press insert
keyboard 0. This will bring up your script manager.

Go to the bottom of the script file (I assume there is 1).

Press control e. Type in the name of your script,  check the can be
attached to key checkbox, then tab to the assign to field & press ctrl
shift f1 at the same time. Tab to the ok button & activate
w/enter/spacebar.

Your script would then look like:
Script Weather()
Say("today's weather", ot_message)
SayFrame(YourFrameName)
EndScript

Since I don't know what the name of your frame is, I can't be more
specific. YourFrameName is obviously just a placeholder for the real
thing.

On 5/23/10, Saybro <saybro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've created frames to speak various sections of a web page. One such
> frame is assigned the keyboard combination [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[1] and it
> speaks the info in the frame perfectly. I just want a text label
> assigned to the key, so I would here the phrase "Today's Weather"
> when I press the key combination, Afterwards speaks the text being
> displayed in the frame.
>
> Can anyone instruct me on how to do this? What file needs to be
> editted, and an example script to use as a reference in creating my script?

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>