[jawsscripts] Re: How do you get the Firefox DOM for scripting?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 00:24:09 -0700

I think I understand the mechanics behind the behavior, which relies on an
MSAA object instead of a traditional DOM.

I'm not sure how to get a running instance of this though. Would getting the
current MSAA object at point using the Firefox main window handle return
this MSAA object?

Would it then be possible to use the various method calls at
http://www.mozilla.org/access/architecture

It isn't clear to me if it's possible to read an ID attribute from any of
these MSAA object nodes however, which is what I would really need to scan
for. Is this possible within the JAWS scripting environment when scanning
the Firefox MSAA object tree?