[jawsscripts] Re: Get Object From Event: One More Question

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:07:32 -0500

Hi,
I suspect that GetTopLevelWindow() is used to try to get to the root of the
MSAA object tree, or as close as you can get for the open dialog.
Then, in theory assuming the MSAA is built correctly, you can navigate the
MSAA tree to drill down to find the other pieces of the app. If you can
prove that the MSAA object you want is always in one specific window and you
can find that window then it might be more efficient to use that window
instead.

As for event order, I do not know. I have always suspected that
GetObjectFromEvent() is a bit of a misnamed function, as you can get an
object from a window even when seemingly no event is happening, i.e., the
window can be open for awhile before using GetObjectFromEvent().
Based on my past experience, I would say yes you're reading to much into the
event thing.