[jawsscripts] Re: Generic paths to user folders

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:10:22 -0500

That, or save the file anywhere on the PATH, the list of directories
where Windows looks for executable files when you type or otherwise
try to run a program without specifying where it should come from.
Typing echo %path% in a console (cmd) box will show you the (sometimes
very long) PATH value.

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 11:26:57AM -0000, Martin Slack wrote:
I've been thinking...

  The fact that a single period in the Run dialog takes you to a certain
folder, means that windows has set that particular folder as the current
working directory for the Run dialog.  Therefore if you have written batch
files, for example, and want to execute them from the Run dialog by typing
only the filename, then that folder is where to save the file.

  Martin

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller