[jawsscripts] Re: FW: FW: Re: How do you get the Firefox DOM forscripting?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:51:35 -0700

Actually, this may be possible after all... It will likely take quite a bit
of
experimentation, but this code below works in JAWS according to the
directions on the link below... It's a start at any rate.

; Site for all related info for screen reader developers...
; http://www.mozilla.org/access/windows/at-apis
; Global MSAA Object for main Window Content
globals object MSAAWin

Script tmpScript ()

Say ("Firefox MSAA test", 0)

var handle nWin, handle oWin, string findClass,
int cid

; Desired window class name.
let FindClass = "MozillaContentWindowClass"

; Loop to get the right handle.
let nWin = GetFocus ()
While (oWin != nWin)
if GetWindowClass (nWin) == findClass then
let oWin = nWin
else
let oWin = nWin
let nWin = GetParent (nWin)
endif
EndWhile

if GetWindowClass (nWin) != findClass then
Say ("Content class not found", 0)
Return
endif
Say ("Found Content window", 0)

; Now create the MSAA object for the captured window handle.
if not MSAAWin then
let MSAAWin = GetObjectFromEvent (nWin, 0, 0, cid)
if not MSAAWin then
Say ("The MSAA object could not be created", 0)
Return
endif
Say ("MSAA object created", 0)
endif

; Still haven't got past this point...
; Presumably now I need to get an instance of the ISimpleDOMNode, if this is
possible. Perhaps as type variant...
; If that isn't possible, the MSAA commands should be good for something at
this point. Hopefully.
; ...

EndScript