[jawsscripts] Re: Email messages opened and read JAWS announces as unread

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:47:57 -0500

Hi Russell:
Picking up on Dennis's message below,  If when you are focussed on one
of these messages which you have already read, Jaws tells you that the
font is bold. check using JawsKey+F, you can perhaps fix this by going
to display in control panel and then go back to the appearance tab.
find the advanced button alt+d and then in the item combo box find the
Selected items entry.
You can do this by pressing s twice.

Once there tab until you hear whether the bold (b button) is checked or
not.  If this is checked, press space to un-check it.
Press enter to activate the ok button which is the default button in
this dialogue.

Now you should be focussed back on the advanced button.
tab until you reach ok and then hit space.

If this does not fix your problem, there may be a setting within the
outlook options that specifies how long a message has to be open before
the status changes to read.  I do not know where this is exactly in the
options.  I will try to find it when I get home tonight.  Maybe I am
just imagining this one. If I find it I'll let you know.
>>> "Dennis Brown" <DennisTBrown@xxxxxxxxxxx> 08:51 am Monday, January
07, 2008 >>>
Hi,
When highlighting an unread message in the list, hit HomeRow
(Insert+Space)
and then hit F4.  If it says "bold", then that would be the problem,
since
JAWS uses the bold state to determine unread status.
MSAA is extremely unreliable in Outlook, especially for this task,
since
exchange servers caused a timing issue with updating the state, so that

could not be used to determine unread state, and bold highlighting was
used
instead.
Hope this helps!

Thanks,