[jawsscripts] Element attribute values.

  • From: "L�onie Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 20:40:34 +0100

Good evening,

        I'm returning to Jaws scripting after a bit of a break. I've refreshed
my
memory on the basics, and feel pretty comfortable with things at that level.

        I'm now trying to write a script that will allow me to identify all the
links
on a page with a specific attribute. The catch is that I also need to be able
to identify a specific value for that attribute. I'd then like to be able to
move between the links that have this specific attribute/value combination.

        I've started with a script that will move to the next link on the page
with
the given attribute/value combination. The MoveToTagWithAttribute() function
successfully gets me part of the way, but I'm struggling with a method for
getting at the attribute value information.

        I've used the DisplayBasicElementInfo() function, which provides just
the
kind of information I need on the element. The trouble is that I don't want it
to appear in the virtual reader, but instead would like to be able to access
it to determine if the element has the right attribute/value combination.

        It's quite possible of course that I'm taking entirely the wrong
approach! If
anyone can help, make any suggestions or point me in the direction of some
further reading/resources, I'd be grateful. At the moment, this is making me
dizzy! Thanks.

Léonie.

--
http://www.tink.co.uk/