[jawsscripts] CrossReference field back end code reading MsWord 2007? what event might be doing this?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:17:52 +1000

Hi Scripters.

A lawyer friend of mine who obviously uses both trackChanges, and Cross
referencing features of msWord 2007, on both a windows 7 and xp Pro loaded
machines,
has indicated to me a number of issues He's interested in my looking into,
regarding non-optimal performance of both these features on his machine,
using I think the second latest update of jaws11? maybe build 1147? I've
just forgotten now exactly the build number he's got.
Unfortunately, I don't have MsOffice installed at all, either 2003 or 2007,
so diagnosing this is obviously proving quite tricky for me.
And eventually I'll no doubt have to go into his office to do this properly,
but, just as a stop gap, thought I'd ask you knowledgeable dudes up here
about this particularly frustrating problem he has?

The deal I'm asking about today, is one he's demoed to me last saturday.
when he's placed a crossReference into a document, obviously referencing
another point, as one arrows into this field, andI think also upon his just
reading the document using a SayLine or even SayAll, Jaws will incredibly
undesirably read this whole bunch of backEnd code to him, before tacking on,
at the very end, the actual crossReference number which he actually needs to
hear.
I heard this couple days ago now, so regretably for this queery, my memory
as to the exact order/content of the spoken mesage is now faded, but,
as an example, it might say something like:
"Ref field, then something in a really high caps like sounding voice, with
small pauses each side of that, then , something like, "3 4 7 1  2 9 7 5 3 7
1 4 / r / h Ref3.

Something really bizzarre like that? has anyone else ever seen/heard of
this? and, any clues as to How I might even begin to
track down what kind of event/function might be being triggered in providing
this kind of announcement?

I did the obvious thing of looking a bit through the MsOffice2007.jsm, and
WinWord2007.jsm files,  and through associated jss files as well, but, I was
trapsing around in the dark a little really, as there wasn't a lot to go on
given my current knowledge of what might be being triggered here?

any thoughts most greatfully recieved?

Thanks.

Geoff c.