[jawsscripts] Re: Breaking a While Loop using Key Press Function?

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 13:38:11 -0500

Try the isKeyWaiting() function.

-----Original Message-----
From: jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Saylien Brown
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 12:27 PM
To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jawsscripts] Breaking a While Loop using Key Press Function?

Hello,

Ok, I'm getting into some pretty advanced scripting that involves the While
Loop function.

I generally build a fail safe into all of my while loops...

VAR
Int iX

Let iX = 0

While (This=True && iX <= 20)
...Do the following...
EndWhile

But sometimes I wish to stop a While Loop manually, so I find myself always
pressing the [Control] key, but of course nothing happens.

Is there anyway to replace my fail safe ix = 20 with say KeyPress !=
[Control]? Would give me more flexibility to kill a While Loop by simply
pressing the Ctrl key.

If this is possible, please share the coding, so I can model it for my own
needs.

Thanks for any help.