[jawsscripts] Re: Basic Window Handles Question

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:26:05 -0400

GetFocusObject generally gives you the MSAA object and focused childID
of a list if you're in one.  GetCurrentObject does the same but with
respect to whichever cursor is active, rather than with respect to
focus, meaning the childID you get should refer to the item under the
active cursor.  I rarely use getCurrentObject for some reason though,
preferring to use getObjectAtPoint instead.

If you're not working with the focused or current window, you can
indeed use GetObjectFromEvent to get the object, but then you'll have
to use some other method to figure out which list item you want, since
by definition you don't have a "focused" or "current" item.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 02:42:08PM -0400, Homme, James wrote:
Hi Doug,
So if I find the list view or list box, can I do a get object from event on it
and which ever list item the event happened on will be what I get at, or does
it work some other way?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.