[jawsscripts] Re: Auto updating in scripts

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:21:34 -0700

Sorry, John--I'm really really unclear as to what you're trying to do.
Could u explain in very specific terms?

On 2/7/12, John Martyn <johnrobertmartyn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Perhaps this question is for the more advanced scripters.
>
> I have tried and tried and there doesn't seem to be a way to make it so the
> program alerts you if a new script is available.
>
> The object using internet explorer doesn't give me any feedback on what the
> page says or url does. If I could get an ok status if it loaded the page
> correctly I could do something, but I lack the method.
>
> Which also brings me to the next point, even if you navigate the url how
> would you know what version is available?
>
> I've played around with this one for a year or so and I'm stumped.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Martyn

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com