[jawsscripts] Re: Apologies and my query!

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:57:55 +1000

hi,

to find & click a graphic,  the script would likely need one of the below 2
findTheGraphic functions, followed by the mouse click.

Script sample ()
JawsCursor () ; ensure jaws cursor active
FindGraphic (insert your parameters)
or
MoveToGraphic (insert your parameters)
Pause () ; ensure there is time for it tohappen
LeftMouseButton ()
End Script

I am unsure of the meaning of the second part of your query.

If you are looking for the handle of the applications main window,

let YourHandleVariable = GetAppMainWindow ()
and if you are trying to set the focus to that window.
SetFocus (GetAppMainWindow ())
but depending on the application, this may not work, as it is unlikely that
the main window will take the focus. - in Jaws, the focus means the PC
cursor.

For a list of all Jaws scripts & functions in a help file, download the FSDN
from:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/documentation/screen-readers.asp

In the contents view, the scripts & functions are arranged in logically
similar groups, or books. To find the graphics related functions, I just
went to the graphics book

Regards,
Paul from Aust

Hi All,
First let me apologise for sending this message incorrectly  earlier with a
bad subject line and nothing in the body except some text from a members
previous contribution. Here is my dilemma again.

I am trying to write up a script for a small application. The application
has no menus or keystrokes. It has graphics however which I have labeled and
have determined  which of these graphics I need to click on to complete my
task. What I would like to know is how do I create a script that will find a
graphic inside the main application window and then perform the
"LeftMouseButton" function on it?. Also can someone give me an example of
how I find out  how to gain focus of an application window and a child
window. I am only just  reading the scripting manual and am using simple
applications to try and develop some scripting skills.

Many thanks for your help.