[jawsscripts] Re: Add or delete text

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 23:07:26 +1100

Hi Fernando,

Jamal Mazrui has written a great library of ready to use scripts, that among
many other features, includes functions for reading text from a text file
into a string, and writing a string to a text file.

Look for them in the file handling section of the homer kit.

If I have understood your request correctly, you could use some of Jamals
functions to read the text from the text file, make any changes to that
text, and write the result back to the original file, or to another file
name.

The file handling functions are very reliable and fast.

You can, but do not need to install the whole homer kit if you only need a
few of the functions.  I just copied & pasted the functions I needed into my
scripts & acknowledged Jamal as the author.

There is a link to the scripts on Inthane's site:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com/
and look for the download:
HomerKit Manual install files

Inthane's site also has links to JAWS script related material by other
scriptors.

Regards,
Paul from Australia