[jaws-uk] Re: word queries

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:37:04 +0100

Versions of JAWS 8.0 and below may experience this problem which is due
to JAWS partially loosing track of the editing cursor.  What you need to
do is go into the "View" menu and ensure that "normal" view is checked
and go into the "Zoom" option as well and set to 75 percent.  These two
changes usually resolves the problem in about 9 out of every 10 cases.

Jaws 9.0 does not experience this problem with Word 2003 and 2007
because of the way it is able to retrieve informaton from MS Word which
makes it generally far more accurate and responsive.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Support