[jaws-uk] Re: windows desktop

  • From: "William Burton" <william.burton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:12:08 -0000

Hi James,

Is JAWS also having trouble reading out other things, like list boxes or
the contents of folders like My Documents?

You might need to make sure that the display settings are set right. Go
to Control Panel, then Display. Firstly make sure that the Theme is on
Windows Classic (not Windows Classic Modified). Next, Control and Tab
until you get to Settings, and find the Color Quality combo box. Arrow
up to Medium (16-bit), then press OK. Choose Yes if you're asked to keep
the settings, then restart the computer and hopefully it'll be OK.

Regards,
William Burton
Technical Support
Sight and Sound Technology