[jaws-uk] Re: what you think of the gw-micro offer?

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 20:39:22 -0000

OK, certainly sounds interesting!

Jamie

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Josh
Sent: 05 February 2014 23:28
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: what you think of the gw-micro offer?

correct, pressing alt control 0 mimmicks a complete jaws keyboard
layout. as far as I know everything works. also in window-eyes layout
insert p turns on jaws quick keys mode it lets you press any jaws
command and hear its window-eyes equivalent like a tutor to help you
learn window-eyes coming from jaws or nvda.

using windows7 laptop

On 2/5/2014 5:44 PM, Jamie Cuthbertson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This certainly sounds very interesting.  Anyone know why GW Micro has gone
> down this route - seems like a bit of a radical departure from the
> historical approach.
>
> Incidentally, when you say that you can press Control+Alt+0 to get a Jaws
> keyboard layout, are you meaning that this then mimics all the current
Jaws
> keyboard functionality when you've done this?  If not, what does work and
> what doesn't work in this situation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jamie

On