[jaws-uk] Re: update on lost drives query

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 00:07:22 +0100

Hi Paul,

Your mains cable, from mains to PC that is, should be easy
enough to obtain locally.  It is in fact similar to some
kettle leads.

The ribbon cable I referred to is a flat cable, about 2
inches wide, usually referred to as an IDE cable.  It has
around 40 wires parallel to each other.  One end connects to
the PC's motherboard, and there are usually two plugs
allowing you to connect up to two drives.

In order to get at this cable, you need to open the PC's
outer case.  (Making absolutely sure the main cable is
removed first of course - not just switched off, but
removed!!)

By the sound of things, the end of this cable which plugs
into the motherboard may have come loose, and needs to be
pushed back in place.

George.

Date: 03/06/2007 12:47

Checked by AVG Free Edition.