[jaws-uk] Re: uninstalling jaws

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 22:33:07 +0100

Peter once after mylaptop was cleaned off I was in the position of not having Jaws on it or any assistive Tech,so a friend phoned from some long distance and we had to try to download Jaws,using onlynarator, I have XP Home, the line was bad also storms heavy rain, narator was slow and useless, the friend in a second or 2 found an alternative voice that was stronger and more powerful to try and tide us over, we managed in the end with nothing in the end due to foul weather and I just followed instructions to the letter, I have just downloaded this suggestion of yours it took 3 downloads and on laptop a long time, however I cannot find it, where do you think it would go? I had by the way many warnings from Microsoft,, that it couldnot verify the download. WinPatrol did not bark however,but is there a simple voice better than narator to keep on computer for an emergency? By the way I see Leonie's Post has the same ecartis Issue I have, the extraeneous matter trailing
after her Post. I am not alone it seems regards Dorothy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Hallam" <peter.hallam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>