[jaws-uk] Re: uninstalling JFW

  • From: "Colin Baxter" <C.R.Baxter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:09:16 +0100

Hi Marie/all,
I'm also keen to hear the answers to Marie's question, but I'd also like to
raise a similar query of my own.  Unlike Marie, I prefer not to have more
than one version of Jaws on my system because I've always found that my PC
has a propensity to load the wrong version at inconvenient moments.  When I
installed 7.1 I expected it to overwrite 7.0.  When I found myself with both
versions, I uninstalled 7.0.  Although I decided that it was prudent to keep
the shared files, Jaws hasn't worked at all well since.  One obvious problem
is that the keys on my Handy Tech Braillewave generally require two or three
presses in order to produce any response.  Before I clean Jaws out
completely and start again, can anyone tell me whether my problems are due
to 7.1. or to the way in which I installed it?

Cheers

Colin