[jaws-uk] Re: the computer keeps saying

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:56:19 -0000

Yes, the icons give us the clue.  It sounds like your displays drivers
aren't working properly.  The funny speech is from the bottom of the
Microsoft Word window and this occurs in one of two situations.

The first is that under "display" in the "settings" tab, under the
"advanced" button somebody or perhaps just windows has dragged down the
hardware acceleration slider.  This should normally be at 100 percent,
whereas if it is set lower you can often get that problem.

The second possibility is that the display drives have either become
uninstalled or damaged in some way.  The easiest method to rectify this
situation is to locate some drivers for the card to re-install, preferrably
updated drivers.

You can usually find such from the graphic chip/card manufacturers website.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support