[jaws-uk] telephoning overseas mobiles

  • From: "alex thynne" <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:21:30 +0100

Hi

sorry for cross posting this but I want to reach as many of you as possible.
I use skypeout from time to time  using skype to go to contact people when
I'm not on the computer via their mobiles, but I'm looking to see if there
are even cheaper ways of doing this using either my landline or mobile
phone.  I tried going up to the rebtel.com website which I can get around,
but I have experienced difficulties with it because I found that I was
getting page errors so I could not update the mobiles contacts.  I reported
this to them, but as yet I haven't had a reply.

If you have found a company I can use occasionally to call mobile numbers
overseas, I would be very grateful.  If they have websites, I'm hoping that
I can read them with jaws version 9 on Windows xp, and service pack 3
installed on my computer.  I have a niece in Australia who doesn't have a
landline, and a couple of my friends as well who use their mobiles as their
preferred means of communication.  According to what I've read on the rebtel
site, it is possible to use their service in such a way as to make it
possible to use free minutes on a contract phone.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx