[jaws-uk] Re: tab browsing

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:34:52 +0100

Think of it this way.  I.E. is an application, just like Excel, Word,
etc..  If you open 2 or more instances of I.E. it counts as running
two or more applications, together with associated overheads of
memory, processor, etc..  After all, you wouldn't want to run say two
or three instances of Word, just to open and look at additional
documents.

So in similar vane, Tabbed Browsing, is just another way of saying
that you can have two or more web pages open in the same instance of
I.E. with significantly reduced system overheads.

George.