[jaws-uk] Re: strange email sedning problem with my desk top

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:42:44 -0000

Hi,

I stuck the error into Google and got this back, might be of some help?

*=A0
The Exchange Server information store service is not running, or the =
POP3 protocol is not enabled and listening to port 110. Verify that the =
information
store service is running. For more information about troubleshooting the =
POP3 protocol, click the following article number to view the article in =
the Microsoft
Knowledge Base:=20
161118
 Troubleshooting PO161118 connections to Exchange Server =A0=A0
*=A0
The Internet Mail Service is not running or is not listening on port 25. =
Verify that the Internet Mail Service is running. For more information =
about testing
the Internet Mail Service and port 25, click the following article =
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:=20
153119
 Telnet to port 25 to test SMTP communication =A0=A0
*=A0
A proxy server located between the client and the server may be blocking =
access to these ports to the Exchange Server computer. For more =
information about
configuring Exchange Server through a proxy server, click the following =
article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:=20
176466
 TCP ports and Microsoft Exchange: In-depth discussion =A0=A0
*=A0
Another program, such as virus-scanning software, has reassigned port 25 =
to another port. Disable all services that are not essential, including =
antivirus
software, and then restart the server.=A0

Robin