[jaws-uk] Re: starting jaws manually

  • From: "Norman Octon" <octon2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:01:03 -0000

Hi Alex,

Further to what Phil said, if you use Start Menu/Run (or windows-key+R), you may need to put the command in quotes because there are spaces in it.

It also occurs to me that if there is any version of JAWS with an icon on the desktop, you can do: Winkey+D to ensure you are on the desktop, J (which, if you're lucky, will get you to a version of JAWS), and enter. Then, from the desktop again, you can find the version of JAWS you want, press alt+enter for shortcut properties, and set up a hotkey for JAWS for the future.

I don't know why JAWS doesn't automatically set itself up with a hotkey, like Window-Eyes.

Cheers,

Norman
----- Original Message ----- From: <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>