[jaws-uk] Re: slightly off topic - audio network letters to Santa Claus

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:10:33 -0000

Hi Bill,

I feel I should explain a little more.

What you did sounds quite reasonable, except for one very
small issue.

What you and I don't usually see in our messages is all the
Header information.  If we had to plough through all that
stuff, we'd spend twice as much time going through our
messages.

Buried in these Headers are usually two specific bit of
information.  "Subject" and also what is sometimes called
"Thread" or sometimes "Conversation".

Mailers are usually capable of sorting messages either by
Subject, or by Thread/Conversation.

It is when sorting by Thread/Conversation that messages
where the Subject has been changed to something completely
different causes problems, since the message is often
totally out of context.

Hope this goes some way to explain why it is always best to
start a new message when it really is a new topic
altogether.

George.

Date:=20
> 20/11/2006 21:20