[jaws-uk] shirley clow moving from Jaws 5 to 8

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:17:35 +0100

Hi Shirley
So long as you knew what you were buying that's Ok but you used the
word"unfortunately" as if you would have preffered XP Home,  that shouldn't
have been hard to find. I also heard Hal years ago but did not  like the
voice. I have not tried Win Eyes. Horses for courses. I actually have to use
an additional item of software called Lunar to invert the screen to High
Contrast black, I cannot look at a screen  with glare I am both listening
and at times seeing. Now I am told Jaws has no intention of dealing with the
Monochrome Issue. but the other  two screen Readers had it programmed in
long ago.. Re your statement "it will last for years" seems to me every year
along comes another upgrade for Jaws and that is not cheap, is like running
fast to keep standing still.

The comment I made about some laptops is that for example you may buy  for
example a Toshiba laptop, that is Home, but if it has a particular kind of
Media Centre Jaws will not accept it as Home but you will have to buy Jaws
Professional to  use a Non-professional laptop. It may have all been altered
but the last time I recall a Post on this  issue I think it was a warning by
Tristram.

If things have changed then good. Best luck Dorothy
Ps I mentioned the other day that Dell was going to sell  laptops and
desktops through Wal-Mart, well in the Uk Azda is owned by walmart and
having phoned their Head Office in Leeds  it seems this  privilage is for
the american market!