[jaws-uk] Re: security essentials

  • From: jon apple sead <065jas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 07:20:50 +0100

If you are in a company it will probably not install because they have certain
restrictions in place. If you are not in an enterprise setting then you could
try:
1. Checking you have local system admin rights on the computer.
2. Make sure the computer is not on a network by going to start menu and typing
network and going to the item called Network.
Hope this helps
Alex Roach

co-moderator of the general blind technology list gbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. To
subscribe please send an email to gbt-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. List gbt is ment
for any general blind technology. Thank you.

On 7 May 2015, at 09:18, cliff williams <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kevin, I am running s.e. on a windows 7 computer and an xp machine both
of which are on a network and I never had any problem installing them. I can
only think that it thinks you are trying to install it on a network drive
i.e. another computer across a network, or there is either a logon user name
conflict or security setting problem.
h.t.h. cliff