[jaws-uk] Re: reporting errors to Freedom Scientific

  • From: "the gamages" <james.gamage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:01:00 +0100

Hello,

I am not talking about the Jaws 12 beta, it's the current version 11 that
has the problems, you very kindly tried it out for me at Sight and Sound and
confirmed the fault with T O C in Word. The fact that it worked alright in
previous versions of Jaws and does so in the version 12 beta makes me feel
that it could easily be fixed. The problem with wordpad in windows seven is
another matter. The sad thing is that the problem doesn't happen in NVD A
the free screen reader.

I also find Jaws 11 a bit resorce hungry for Windows XP, it slows things
down in some circumstances, on a suggestion from S and S I installed Jaws 10
on this system and it works better.

I don't want to get on the band wagon of Jaws bashing, generally speaking I
find Jaws a very comprehensive and adaptable product, but the little things
are those which tend to irritate, so they should be fixed, especially if
they worked in previous versions.

Thanks to those who replied.

Jim.

  _____