[jaws-uk] remote control of PC in relation to bookstream

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:41:10 -0000

Hi all.

As I said in my previous message I have recently joined the RNIB Bookstream
book club and I find it useful and worth the money.  I can stream books to the
PC and play them using the Plextalk player software.  If I like a cd I can
order it which is great.  I can copy the book from the cd to the victor stream
and listen to it which again is great.

If I want to listen on the PC however I would love to be able to remote control
it in some way.  The Plextalk software does not seem to have a sleep feature
and falling asleep to a book that never turns off can be annoying.  I would
also love to be lazy and rewind or fast forward the book while sitting down, in
bed or for whatever reason away from the PC.  Is there any way of doing this?
I know you can plug in an extra keyboard but this leaves wires trailing.  what
I would like is some kind of remote control unit that can perhaps be programmed
so that keys on the remote map to keypresses.  in this way it could work
independently of the audio player being used.  Obviously I would like the
interface for programming such a unit to be usable with JAWS.  Has anyone any
ideas?

Regards

Graham
Graham Page