[jaws-uk] recordable CD query

  • From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:43:22 +0100

Hi all and apologies for the slightly off-topic nature of my query.

Please could someone tell me how I explain to anyone the diference between
an audio cd-R used to record on a PC and the equivalent audio CD-R used to
record from a stand-alone CD writer.

I use the latter but have had some DC's sent to me which although audio
CD-R's, they don't work when used on my stand-alone player.

Also,these CD-R's have no writing on them whereas the audio ones have some
writing on them, indicating that they are audio CD-R's.

Any responses to this would be appreciated and preferably off list so as not
to clog it up too much with non-JAWS related E-mails.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Paul.