[jaws-uk] reading characters when deleting

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:18:01 +0100

Hi all.

When I am editing a word document, I find that often when pressing backspace
to delete characters, JAWS just says space when I press backspace rather
than reading the character that has been deleted.  This seems to happen
primarily in Microsoft Word.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I am using Office 2003 and JAWS Version 8.0.2173, the latest version of JAWS
as far as I know.  The problem only seems to have occured since I upgraded
to this version of JAWS.

Regards

Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493