[jaws-uk] Re: question on the accessibility of microsoft office 2007 with jaws 11.0.1461

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:38:20 +0100

Hi Kevin.

What features do you particularly like?

I have office 2007 on a netbook and find it very slow but I have stuck with
it in order to learn it.  Most things are accessible through the keyboard
but I don't like the ribbon bar that much as a lot of the keystrokes are
much harder to remember as some of them don't relate to where they are on
the ribbon bar.  There are also too many quirks with the interface for
example, the features that used to be in the file menu are mostly in  the
office button but why is this not just another standard ribbon item called
file?

Regards

Graham

Graham Page