[jaws-uk] problems with Jaws and my Power Braille

  • From: "Claire Doel" <c.doel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:49:14 +0100

Hello,
I wonder if any of you can help me.
I have purchased a new lap top and unfortunately as seems to be common these
days, it does not have a serial port.
I therefore purchased a belkin serial to USB  converter to enable me to use
my Braille  display.
Unfortunately although the Braille display and the computer appear to
acknowledge that each other are there through the device, the Braille
display will not work and Jaws is unable to recognise that it is there.
Have any of you had a similar problem and if you have, I wondered if you
would kindly be able to tell me how to solve it.
I apologise if I have posted something inappropriate for this forum.
Claire Doel