[jaws-uk] Re: problems reading the properties of my main disk drive with the latest Jaws 12

  • From: austin pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:19:43 +0530

hi see you must have installed everything write but some antiviruses
doesnt give some drivers to install properly not that the files are
infected but dont know why does this happen for example my friend was
using some antivirus he installed everything and everything worked
properly but when he used to load fsreader the antivirus was giveing
him some msg and it was not playing any book but as he dissabled his
antivirus everything was normal so what you can do 1 remove jaws and
all components 2 use some reg cleaner like c cleanner and clean
everything then disible your antivirus compleetly and install jaws and
then enable it that should solve the problem

On 11/29/10, Alexander Shannon <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running the latest jaws 12, on an XP Pro machine which
> is also running Eset Nod32 antivirus.
>
> My hard drive on this HPdx250 desktop is partitioned into C
> and D.
>
> I've just noticed that if I go into the properties of the C
> partition, which is the partition where most programs are
> stored, only the disk label and the disk clean Up button on
> the properties window are actually read properly.
>
> When accessing all other areas of the screen such as the
> tabs across the top of the screen, and the check boxes for
> "compress drive to save disk space and Allow Indexing
> Service to index this disk for fast file searching", only
> the first letter of the first word is read by jaws.
>
> Does anyone know what I might have done to cause this, and
> how I can rectify it please.
>

> Alexander Shannon

created using a dell inspiron mini 10(1012) NETBOOK win7ultimate