[jaws-uk] Re: printers

  • From: "dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 19:28:28 +0100

Nigel which printer did you have for only a few days? You did ask some weeks
ago remember? My Epsom 1650, or maybe that was the former Scanner anyway I
did not print a lot but as I used a black screen the Emails would only print
out in a murky colour, unless I copied them to word. I did a test Print
every  darn week, tabbed to maintain printer heads whilst other people told
me they had had a printer for years and never done it. In the end as a
sighted friend had unloaded it reloaded so many times. I bought a Laser
Printer Ink jet Hp 1012 as I told you  the Computer man ordered it he said
from Dabs. Incidentally this  is not the Computer business in Crowborough
who I would skin alive if I could lay hands on but another He put printer in
and took box away. I did not ever have a  piece of software a Disc but
thankfully you can download them. He said he had a  recycling policy. I said
I had one  as well and it was to hang on to any box that contained a product
I bought. An had to put any  ink in it. I can always put back the Epson if I
want colour. I think they  the Cartridge for Epson printers are  not I have
had it since January  last year. I have not  had to  fiddle with ink
cartridges. It does not print in colour. I know Epson smart chip their
Cartridges by that I mean you cannot use all the Ink, and if a colour
cartridge is low then the black one would not print. They could afford to
give you a printer  free gratis for the profit they make on the Cartridges.
So what did you buy then  Nigel? and if it did not work did you take it
back?Dorothy.