[jaws-uk] Re: possible JAWS 12 problems on Netbook with internet

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:49:37 -0000

Hi Colin and Paul,

OK, now I know you're using Windows 7, here's how to turn on or off the
touch pad/glide pad:

1.     Press the menu key to display the Start Menu.

2.     In the edit box, type "Control Panel".  This should display search
hits, one of which should be the Control Panel.  Move to this item with your
Up or Down Arrow and press Enter to go to the Control Panel.

3.     In the Control Panel (and this bit is just my preferred way of doing
it), tab to the "View by" box which gives you options of viewing the entries
as either "Category", "Small icons" or "Large icons".  If you set this to
either "Small icons" or "Large icons", you should end up with an
alphabetically listed bunch of items.

4.     Use Shift+Tab to go back to the main part of the screen and press the
letter M until you get to a link called "Mouse".  Press Enter to select this
link.  This will leave you in the mouse properties multi tab dialogue box.

5.     You are now looking for the "Touch pad settings" tab which is about 5
or 6 tabs to the right.  I tend to first press Shift+Tab to go to the tab
names and then Right Arrow to move along to the "Touch pad settings" tab.

6.     Press tab I think twice until you get to a button which will either
be "Touch pad disable" or "Touch pad enable" depending on its current state.
If it is not set the way you want it, press Enter on this button.

7.     Tab to the OK button and press Enter then close the Control Panel and
the job should be done.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jamie