[jaws-uk] Re: .pdf files & Adobe.

  • From: "Colin Baxter" <C.R.Baxter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:29:07 +0100

Hi Robin and all,
As a user who has been in your position, I can happily confirm that .PDF is
no longer a major problem, though there are occasional unpleasant surprises.
For instance, I recently received a copy of an article written by a Dutch
lawyer and couldn't read it at all, in spite of the fact thatit looked
perfect on the screen.  Whatever I did, Jaws thought all the pages were
blank.  Maybe the document was locked in the way that Tristram described.
One thing that Tristram didn't mention was that in later versions of Adobe
it is a relatively easy job to convert documents into other formats.  I
sometimes do this in order to achieve a more friendly format for my braille
display of if I'm going to be wanting to do lots of 'Find' operations in the
document.

Good luck

Colin