[jaws-uk] Re: omnipage query

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:26:06 -0000

Hi Paul
Omnipage 15 is available and claims to be quicker and much more accurate. It
is. It should work with most scanners but perhaps the website  will make it
clear if there any problems with any scanners.

You can purchase it or download it from the Scansoft (now Nuance) site and
the standard version I think is about £50 or £60, while the Office
professional one is between £90 and£110 (download) or more if you purchase
it by disk. I think these may be upgrade prices - best to check - although
I've had a number of promos recently giving the full version for this price.
They claim the full version is somewhere in the £300 to £400 mark, but I'm
fairly certain the cheaper versions mentioned above are OK.
Perhaps someone else can clarify the last point.
Gordon McFarlane