[jaws-uk] Re: my jaws authorisation code?

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 08:51:55 +0000

Hi Gary

Yesterday I took the massive licence code I generated as described
below to the PC not connected to the internet and authorised it
successfully by copying and pasting the code into the Jaws
authorisation dialogue process. If I now go to the help/about item on
that PC it says it has been authorised using a local ILM licence.

Hope this helps

John Ramm

__________________________________

Hi Gary

I'm in the middle of doing what you'd like to do and I'll tell you
what I've done so far.

1) I obtained my authorisation code in the way that Jamie describes below

2) I obtained the locking code for the computer I want to authorise
by going to the jaws help menu on the demo version and selecting
"about". You may have to use the jaws cursor, I can't remember.

3) I tried to go to www.fsactivate.com on the internet, but that
domain doesn't seem to exist anymore so I searched in google for
freedom scientific jaws activation and found the correct website that way.

4) I followed the links to authorise a computer not connected to the
internet, fed in the details above and obtained a truly enormous
licence code. Seriously, this thing is long and random looking. I
have copied it down, but I've also saved that page and I'm going to
put it on a USB pen so that I can copy and paste it into the jaws
authorisation box on the machine that's not connected to the net.

I'll let you know how things go, but this seems to work.

Talk soon

John Ramm

At 09:10 29/12/2013, you wrote:
Thank you Jamie