[jaws-uk] more on real player problems

  • From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:24:42 -0000

Hi all,

Thanks to Phil for sending me a link to listen to Radio Merseyside via Real
Player.   Unfortunately when I tried to activate the link, I received an
error mesage saying something about ther not being a programme available to
activate it.

Now, I did forget to say yesterday that when I tried to listen live on Radio
Merseyside's site, I noticed by switching to the JAWS cursor that I had a
message advising that I neded the plugin FOR Real Player.

When I performed the installation, as far as I could tell, I did it
correctly as I eventually received a mesage congratulating me on
successfully installing the BBC Iplayer and so I thought I had done it
right.
To the best of my knowledge, I didn't receive any message about any plugin.

Also, I now know why I could get radio 2 online and this is because I have
Windows Mediaplayer on my PC and national BBC streams use this as well as
real player.

So, it looks like I need to get this pluging but don't know now how I can do
it, apart from uninstalling realplayer which I don't really want to do.

To those of you who suggested me using real alternative, well I would do
except that this doesn't play all files which is why I chose the BBC real
player option.
If anyone else can shed any more light on this then that would be brilliant.

Regards

Paul.