[jaws-uk] Re: more on downloading realplayer

  • From: "Pete H" <noizypete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 23:19:45 +0100

Paul,

You can leave the desktop and program groups alone and simply go through the
install procedure again, and the new install should overwrite the previous
one. Before you do that though, open up control panel, go to add/remove
programs and scroll down the list of programs until you reach Google
Toolbar, and if it is there, remove it, and then when you re-install Real
Player, choose not to download it.

Real is a pig of a player to work with, if all you want to listen to is the
BBC, then Nigel's recommendation is perfect, however I found that after only
one day of using Real Alternative, I couldn't access certain files and I had
to return to the standard Real Player.

Regards,

Pete H.