[jaws-uk] Re: malware removal programmes re/visited

  • From: oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 06:23:10 +0100

On 25/07/2014 22:07, kevin wrote:
> Hi Chris and Doris I did download and install the last version of malware
> bites but it then stated definitions were out of date and would I like to
> update which I said yes.  It then put me on the very latest version which is
> not accessable, unless you know of a way that I can remain on that version
> but then definitions would not be up to date.  Many thanks Kev

Kevin, when Malware Bites tells you about the definitions, confusingly,
it won't install these immediately, but tries to get you on the latest
version.
Push Cancel at this stage, then another dialogue box will appear
offering the latest definitions.
So, if you want to keep trying, you'll have to unload the new Malware
Bites and reinstall the older version and start all over again.