[jaws-uk] Re: malware programmes

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:57:45 +0100

Kevin, I can't see why you're having such a problem installing 1.75 and
updating definitions. I had to do it recently after I'd inadvertently allowed
it to update to 2.0. I just installed 1.75 and updated the definitions no
problem. The important thing to avoid is opening the programme via the desktop
icon. I've found that if you just access it via the system tray it works fine,
and doesn't download and install 2.0.
  To cover yourself, just in case you ever forget and open the main window via
the desktop and it updates to 2.0, keep 1.75 handy and reinstall if necessary.
                    John.