[jaws-uk] Re: macro media

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:28:44 +0100

This message is mainly for Paul. I'm sorry I've deleted the first message in
the thread.
I visited the site without activating Flash and had the same result obtained
by Tiddy. I visited the site having Flash active and I found several links,
one of which is a Contact link. Ah, I'm using Windows XP H and Jaws 7.
I'm pasting below the help I've come across because it explains how to
activate Flash.

I hope this helps:

Carlos.

Using FlashSwitch

FlashSwitch is a utility to turn Macromedia ® Flash T playback on and off.
Residing

in the system tray of user's desktop, it enables or disables Flash content
display

in Internet Explorer at the user's choice.

After installation, FlashSwitch is added to the StartUp program folder and
is

launched every time you start Windows.

When FlashSwitch is running, it will display its icon in the taskbar system
tray:

If the icon is not present it means FlashSwitch is not loaded.

Using FlashSwitch is easy:

. Clicking the program's icon on the taskbar with left mouse button toggles

tiny cross [X] inside it. When the icon is "checked" (

), Internet Explorer will play back Flash content. When the icon is "empty"
(

), areas with Flash content will appear blank.

. Clicking the program's icon on the taskbar with the right mouse button
will

bring up a pop-up menu with current Flash playback state, link to
FlashSwitch.com

web site, Help, About and Exit options.

FlashSwitch Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Do you have Netscape Navigator or Opera support?

No. FlashSwitch works with Internet Explorer only.

Q: The program displays a message saying it has expired. What do I need to
do?

Visit

www.flashswitch.com

for a new version. Note that the new version may not be available for free.
In

this case you have the choice of discontinuing using the software or
purchasing

a commercial version.

About FlashSwitch

FlashSwitch is trademark of FlashSwitch Group.

FlashSwitch Group can be contacted at

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Macromedia and Flash are trademarks or registered trademarks of Macromedia,
Inc.

in the United States and/or other countries.

This version of FlashSwitch has been provided free of charge as a
time-limited

fully functional demo. The program will expire in approximately 6 months
after

it has been downloaded from FlashSwitch official site flashswitch.com.
Another

time-limited demo or a commercial version will be available by then.

FLASHSWITCH GROUP HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD

TO THE FLASHSWITCH SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF
MERCHANTABILITY,

WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
TITLE

AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.